Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Wonders of the 3 Hour Nap


Oh, the blessed afternoon time, when Zoey takes her three hour nap. Don't hold your breath folks, because it could stop as suddenly as it started. Before Pennsylvania, Zoey took a three hour nap for three days in a row. I was relieved and excited to have so much time to myself, but I didn't know if she would pick it back up after the 5 day absense from normalcy (is that you to spell that?). The trip went quite well, which is really saying something when you consider we took a 4 month old on a 14 hour car trip! I learned a lot about Zoey just seeing her out of her normal context (so did her Grandma Jill). She also had a few firsts this weekend: her first giggle and her first solo playtime with a toy (Elephant). She also has begun to "sing," especially if she is by herself. I put her in a blanket in the other room and I went into the kitchen. I though I heard her crying but when I went into her room, she was saying "oooo, oooo, oooo, ha, ha," and stuff like that. She was talking non-stop--probably a preview of what's to come. Oh, back to the other firsts...when we were in Pennsylvania, her Grandma was tickling her and she started giggling. There's nothing in the world like a baby giggle. I think they should bottle it in jars and give it to depressed people. It would make the world a happier place. As far as the toy goes, I gave her this elephant with crinkly stuff in his ears. She likes to crinkle the ears. When I drive, I can hear her back in the car seat-crinkle, crinkle, crinkle! Her impending physical development freaks me out a little bit. The thought of her mobile is terrifying and exciting all at the same time. Well, I've got to get her up for her 16 month check up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home